Scope of Warranty
5.11, Inc. ("5.11") warrants its fire fighting and fire-resistant garments and apparel ("Product") to be free from workmanship and material defects for the useful life of the Products when used by appropriately trained personnel following acceptable fire fighting or emergency services procedures and when the garments' warning, use, and care instructions are followed.
For purposes of this warranty, "workmanship and material defects" is defined as defects arising from the manufacturing process, including loose or broken seams, malfunctioning hardware, and flawed fabrics. Defects do not encompass the results of ordinary wear and tear.
In addition, "useful life," for purposes of this warranty, is defined as no more than three years, but may be shorter depending upon the type and frequency of use of the garment. Nonetheless, it is the responsibility of the user and the applicable department or agency to establish its own guidelines and standards for assessing and determining the useful life of its apparel and equipment.
Exclusions from Coverage
Excluded from coverage under this warranty are the following:
- Products purchased other than from 5.11 or from an authorized 5.11 dealer.
- Damage resulting from abuse, misuse, or improper care.
- Damage resulting from extended wear and tear.
- Damage resulting from tampering or a customer modification; and
- Consequential, incidental, indirect, punitive, exemplary, and/or special damages (although some states in the United States do not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential or incidental damages, so this exclusion might not apply to you).
This warranty is the exclusive warranty provided by 5.11 relating to the Product and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, 5.11 disclaims all other express or implied warranties, including without limitation warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.